[mythtv-users] Re: Dependency problems w/atrpms, extras, freshrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Oct 6 20:16:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 04:51:11PM +0200, Darren Black wrote:
> I realize this is pretty much the wrong place to be posting this, but I
> given the popularity of Jarod's guide I expect there are a number of people
> here who have run into this situation...
>
> I just rebuilt my mythbox from scratch using Jarod's guide and FC4. It was
> alot less painful this time than my first attempt :-) However, now when I
> attempt to run a yum update, the update cannot complete due to 2 dependency
> problems:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libmjpegutils-1.6.so.0 is needed by package
> transcode
> Error: Missing Dependency: libdirectfb-0.9.so.20 is needed by package
> mplayer
>
> Some snooping around indicates that the first dependency problem is apparent
> in the atrpms repo, since the new version of mjegtools is there while the
> newest version of transcode depends on the previous version of the
> mjpegtools package. The second error appears to be due to a new directfb
> release in fedora's extras repo, while the build of mplayer in atrpms
> depends on the older version.
>
> Am I the only person to have run into this? If not, what have you guys done
> to get around it?

No, there are others, and most report on ATrpms' lists, Fedora extras
or bugzillas.

The first is a genuine bug in ATrpms, the second an interrepo bug
between ATrpms and Fedora extras. Unfortunately Fedora extras is the
only repo that doesn't talk with other repos ...

So expect the first bug to be fixed very soon.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net