[mythtv-users] Re: Trouble getting component outputs to work with nVidia 6200

Thom Sturgill thsturgill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:15:46 UTC 2005

Actually, the first parameter after the name is the pixel-clock, and while
it affects the horizontal sync it is not the actual HorizontalSync value. My
system accepts a Horizontal Sync range starting at 30.

I raised the pixel clock to 26.9 and achieved 30.1, which made this mode
acceptable (I did this remotely, so I don't know what it looks like yet) I
hope it will fix the overscan problem.

On 10/5/05, Alan Anderson <andersonas at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I am far from an expert but I have been twiddling with this myself. The
> first
> paramater 26.625 on your mode line needs to be in the HorizSync range it
> is
> not.
>

> >Section "Monitor"
> > Identifier "Monitor0"
> > VendorName "Some Vendor"
> > ModelName "HDTV"
> > HorizSync 31.5 - 37.9
> > VertRefresh 59.9 - 60.1
> > ModeLine "720x480" 26.625 720 752 824 896 480 481 484 497 -hsync
> >-vsync
> >Now, at first, this failed completely, and X wouldn't even start. After
> >checking out my Xorg.0.log file, I saw that it didn't like the hsync
> >range of my 720x480 Mode. However, it did like the default 800x600
> >mode.! So, just for fun, I changed
>
> Change the first paramatere to be in the HorzSync range (or adjust the
> HotrzSync range) and restart X and then look at the Xorg.0.log to see if
> the
> 720x480 is acceptable. Then if its acceptable try to use it.

--Thom Sturgill