[mythtv-users] Australian channel scan

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 6 17:14:22 UTC 2005

Jim Householder wrote:

>> BTW - I use the same cards as you. Would you mind sharing how you got
>> them to take input from a VCR as that's something I want to do as
>> well.
>>
> That's a bit of a problem now...  I have the RCA video out connected to
> the composite input of the card, and the audio directly to the line-in
> of my sound card.  Works fine now with tvtime, but I can no longer
> select the composite input with mythtv.  Don't know how I managed the
> first time.

I worked it out.  Define a second card using the defaults - v4l.  Mythtv
will detect the composite and s-video.  In the channel editor, don't
enter a channel number or channel id.

I think that's what I did.  Can't check it now 'cause I scrapped
everything.

If you don't want the separate connection to line-in, Dick Smith or
Tandy/Radio Shack should have something to convert A/V to composite.

Jim