[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TVout issues

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 16:25:20 UTC 2005

MythTV can be made to fit by using the GUI X/Y size
and displacement options.  Other applications need to
support something similar, or they will run off of the
screen.  Alternatively, you can try to use a window
manager that will pad windows and make them fit, but
this may cause some problems (I was doing this with
ratpoison, only to find out that while my windows fit
the screen, I sometimes ended up with black borders
around my TV/recorings).

Sounds like you're using Xv instead of the MPEG-2
decoder.  The Xv support requires that some MPEG-2 be
played through the MPEG-2 decoder before it will work
(I do it in rc.local).  Otherwise you will get a still
picture of garbage.

-- Joe