[mythtv-users] RC on frontend only

E Norm One enorm1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:47:09 UTC 2005

Torbjørn Heltne wrote:
> I have nearly aquired all HW for a separate frontend, but I'm a bit
> uncertain about the remote control. In the combined back/frontend I have
> already I use the RC that came with the pvr-350 and it works just fine.
>
> Any recommendations on suitable remote controls for a frontend PC?

With a homebrew serial lirc receiver you can use almost any RC you
already got. I'm using the pvr-350 remote and the VCR buttons on
my TV remote (as a backup when i can't find the 350 remote :) .

When testing your remotes, try to find one that does not give raw
samples in the lirc configuration files. In my experience those are
more error-prone.

Look at the lirc homepage -> homebrew.

regards
/E