[mythtv-users] Re: (Ciaran) - New MythMusic Theme - 4 Bins

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:21:21 UTC 2005

Hmm, perhaps my usage is strange behaviour then.  Effectively I'd like
it to 'use up' items on a playlist, so its busy playing random songs,
then I enqueue a song to play next, then one after, and then one after
that, once its played one song on the 'queued' list it then plays the
next, then the next, but after that one, the 'queued' list is played
out and it just goes back to playing whatever it was going to do
before, either part of a playlist or general random play.

Often I'll have set up the playlist to play say some 'Muse', then
someone says, oh I was listening to this great track the other night,
have you got .... 'Hey jude' . ...clickity click, hey jude comes up ,
plays through and then it automatically goes back to the 'muse'
playlist,

But perhaps no-one else wants behaviour like this, and I just need to
re-train myself ;)
- Ciaran

On 06/10/05, Nick Parkinson <nickparkinson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 'active' when in a search/filter textbox? when in the
> lists or else where then the numbers would behave as
> expected (the bins?)
> --------
>
> Agreed, I could probably put a textbox next to the
> Artist label.  However I'm starting to think it might
> be best to put "Import CD", "Burn CD" onto a Menu
> overlay... just like when you press M whilst watching
> Live TV.  This would free up the usage of the 1-9
> keys.
>
> -------
> 'queue' a track to play next, this is the commonest
> thing I want to do really, is stack  up a chunk of
> tracks, and when they've been played through revert
> back to whatever it was doing prior to the enqueing,
> either playlists, orrandomly jumping over my music,
> does thtat make sense ?
> -----
>
> Ok, so if you're listening to "playlists" then you
> would Add various albums/saved playlists to the Active
> Play Queue.  Then if you wanted a brief intermission
> to add a 'chunk of tracks' you would do this by adding
> songs/albums.  However - as it stands - these would go
> to the bottom of the list so then you'd go to 'Manage
> Playlists' and drag that batch of songs higher up in
> the list (starting just after the currently playing
> track).  Then these songs would play next followed by
> your selected playlists/albums.
>
> As for "Randomly jumping over music".  That would
> require an option to 'always play random music' when
> the Active Playlist has ended/empty.  Thats a good
> idea.  An indicator would be helpful to emphasise this
> mode had 'auto-selected'.  It would be a bit like how
> a pub jukebox always plays music at random when no
> requests are pending.
>
> Thanks for your feeback fella's!

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)