[mythtv-users] Shutting down a slave backend crashes the master backend..

E Norm One enorm1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:05:11 UTC 2005

I've been trying to setup a system where slave backends will be started
and terminated "on-demand". The Slave BackEnds are diskless and they
share the main video partition with the Master BackEnd over NFS.

This way i imagine that i can save the MBE from nasty ivtv hardware
crashes and such (they still occur, but only once every other month when
the backend is running 24-7).

I've had this setup since mythtv 0.15 or so, but then i didn't shutdown
the SBEs and everything worked just fine.

Now when i decided to start and sutdown the SBE on demand I noticed
that the MBE always will crash whenever it looses connection with a SBE!!!

This is the last thing the MBE writes to the log:

   Slave backend: htpc-P400 no longer connected
   Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Then it crashes.

I'm running the gentoo 0.18.1-r2 mythtv installation on a
2.6.11-hardened-r15 gentoo kernel (no selinux/pax/grsec though)
MBE has a bttv card and the SBE has two ivtv (250&350) cards.

Is there a fix for this?

regards
/E

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1889