[mythtv-users] How to issue command when starting a new recording?

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:34:31 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> It sounds like your are using ALSA then or at least the ALSA/OSS
> emulation. If you have the alsamixer running when a recording starts,
> do you see the CAPTURE input device on your recording card go mute?

My alsamixer only shows the soundcard (not the TV Tuner card).

When sound is not working, on the the line-in/capture volume is never muted,
and muting and unmuting has no effect.

If I run "v4lctl volume mute off", and thus I can hear sound from my TV
card, then muting and unmuting the line-in on the soundcard has an effect.

To me, this seems to rule out the soundcard as the source of this problem.