[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-Out with Xv support

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:34:21 UTC 2005

> Don't Panic! ivtv is really quite easy to build and install. The xdriver
> is more difficult, but still
> doable.
>

> > Is there a howto or doc anywhere that describes or guides you through
> > the process of enabling Xv on the 350's TV-Out?
> >

> Nothing to it really. Build and install the ivtv 0.3.8 and xdriver
> 0.10.6, and you're done. Just
> use XV and enjoy.

Is there a howto on that? installing ivtv is fine with gentoo, emerge should
be able to do it without any problem. compiling the xdriver is so far
proving to be a pretty hefty challenge. Are there particular versions of X
that this is known to work with? I am working on writing an ebuild for
gentoo that puts ivtv into the correct directory among x.org <http://x.org>
5.8.2-r5, but it doesn't want to compile. What directory am I supposed to
give it when I run xmkmf (it says "X SOURCES" but that is very vague...what
directory is it looking for?). What should I do when it dumps out with this
message:

ivtv_xv.c: In function `IVTVStopVideo':
ivtv_xv.c:459: error: storage size of `colorKey' isn't known
ivtv_xv.c:462: error: `IVTVFB_IOCTL_SET_COLORKEY' undeclared (first use in
this function)
ivtv_xv.c:462: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ivtv_xv.c:462: error: for each function it appears in.)
ivtv_xv.c: In function `IVTVPutImage':
ivtv_xv.c:716: error: storage size of `colorKey' isn't known
ivtv_xv.c:719: error: `IVTVFB_IOCTL_SET_COLORKEY' undeclared (first use in
this function)
make: *** [ivtv_xv.o] Error 1

Thanks!