[mythtv-users] How to change hostname on backend?

fredrik at fkarlsson.org fredrik at fkarlsson.org
Wed Oct 5 14:06:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

When I installed my backend I gave it a hostname and run mytthtvsetup and
configured my two capture cards.

At a later stage I got network problems and run mythtvsetup once more and
once again configured my two capture cards. This time i configured it with
the hostname localhost.localdomain

After that I never changed back again and yesterday I realise that I can't
connect my frontend to the backend correctly as I haven't configured a
correct hostname.

As a result of this I also have four capture cards configured, but of
course only two connected.

I wonder if I at this time in a safe way can rename my hostname from
localhost.localdomain to my old hostname without losing my settings and my
50 recordings?

Does it exist an easy way to remove my old capture cards, as I want to
keep my newest settings and channels?

/Fredrik