[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV muting volume, but TVTime fixes it.

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:02:08 UTC 2005

Bad form to reply to my own message, but for anyone else who seems to
encounter this problem:
 There is a program that comes with xawtv-3.xx called v4lctl where you can
manaully unmute the TV tuner card's volume control with the following
command:
 v4lctl volume mute off
 I just put it into a cron job to run every 5 minutes. Unforunately, it has
a habit of making the audio drop out for 0.5 sec in the recordings, so I
didn't want to run it any more frequently than that. I'm looking for a way
to run it everytime MythTV starts a new recording.