[mythtv-users] MJPEG->MPEG-4 transcoder?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 02:18:07 UTC 2005

--- "Brian J. Murrell" <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> So, any ideas why this is not transcoding?  Probably related to the
> error message from mythtranscode:
>
> Couldn't find stream paramters for
> '/video/tmp/1006_20051003230800_20051003233000.nuv'
>
> But the stream seems fine in as much as it mythfrontend plays it
> without
> problem.

Well, again, to not really address your specific problem... (noticing a
pattern?) :)

I've noticed with recent SVNs that you need to go through TWO steps to
get a recording to auto-transcode.  First, you need to have your MJPEG
recording profile with the "automatically transcode" option selected.
THEN you need to also have your recording profile for that show set to
automatically transocde using some sort of profile.  (Even then, it
seems hit and miss).

Unfortunately I only ever fire off transcode from the front end, so I
don't really see those debug messages.