[mythtv-users] advice on which hardware revision of xbox as a frontend

Joe Harvell jharvell at dogpad.net
Wed Oct 5 00:43:50 UTC 2005

I am planning to get an Xbox for my Myth frontend.  Here are my questions:

    * I know for xbox >=1.6, I have to use the hardware method to
      convert.  So I am thinking I would like to get a <1.6 to keep my
      options open.  But since the xbox games are a minor concern, I
      don't want to sell myself short if the 1.6 or 1.6a have some
      advantages for a PVR frontend.  Does anyone have any
      recommendations for hardware revision?
    * I want to use both the component out and ac3 out from the xbox.  I
      can't tell for sure if the adapters really support both at the
      same time?  Has anyone done this?
    * I am going to have a DISH301 located at the Myth BE (about 100-120
      feet away from the FE).  So I know the backend will need to
      control the DISH301 using an IR blaster.  But I still need to
      control the MythFE using a remote.  Do I just use the IR receiver
      built into the xbox with LIRC using the xbox remote?