[mythtv-users] RE: Live TV on back end?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:35:00 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Curt McNamee <curt at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I have a quick question for everyone, I have mythtv
> running
> on a PC in my living room and I am wondering if I can stream live TV to
> another mythtv system in my kitchen. From what little I know about mythtv
> so far, I think I need to setup my living room PC (this is the one with TV
> tuner cards in it) as a back end and the PC in my kitchen as the front
> end.
> Really my question is it possible to stream live TV like this?

You already have a backend running on your living room PC, so the only thing
you might have to do there is configure the mysql security settings to allow
the other machine to connect. (This is described in the documentation.)
Otherwise, you have the general idea. Assuming your network is up to snuff,
you shouldn't have any problem streaming live TV.

Carl Fongheiser