[mythtv-users] MySQL: INNODB?

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Tue Oct 4 13:55:03 UTC 2005

At 4:45 PM -0400 10/3/05, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>I found my problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Every sunday
>morning I shut down my
>MySQL database and analyze and repair all tables. This is a trick I
>learned from my production
>Sys Admin days with MySQL versions 3.23.x.

I don't find that this is necessary with 4.1.x. The web site works
fine without it, and on my Myth box I've never had any corruption
despite the machine needing lots of unclean reboots.

It probably is a good idea to periodically (like, once a month)
*optimize* the tables Myth uses. All those adds and deletes can make
space usage and table indexes really inefficient.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"