[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-Out with Xv support

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Oct 4 13:31:15 UTC 2005

Frank Lynch wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have X running over the TV-out on my PVR-350, everything works quite
> well and myth is very impressive. That is, until I attempt to play
> back a DVD - a lot of frames get dropped, audio gets out of synch etc.
> >From what I've read the problem is that I don't have Xv support in the
> version of ivtv that I'm using (fedora core4 following Jarods guide).
> I understand that Xv support is available in the development
> (unstable) edition of ivtv - can anyone comment on the stability of
> this?

0.3.8 is quite stable, and XV works wonderfully. But you also have to
build and install the
new Xdriver 0.10.6. You'll find them both here:
    http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/

Don't Panic! ivtv is really quite easy to build and install. The xdriver
is more difficult, but still
doable.

> Is there a howto or doc anywhere that describes or guides you through
> the process of enabling Xv on the 350's TV-Out?

Nothing to it really. Build and install the ivtv 0.3.8 and xdriver
0.10.6, and you're done. Just
use XV and enjoy.

> As I mentioned I'm using Fedora Core 4 here - is there a yum
> repositiory that I should include in order to pull in the correct
> version of ivtv?

Probably not, but I'm not sure. I'm running KnoppMyth R5A16.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net