[mythtv-users] lirc_i2c problem

Tyler Bartel tyler at bartel.ca
Tue Oct 4 06:39:24 UTC 2005

I have been figting with a problem all evening that I am hopng someone can help me with:

Machine:
Intel 1.8Ghz / 512RAM
Running 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4
Hauppage WinTV PVR-150

I have been following Jaron Wilsons Howto on getting MythTV running and I have hit a stumbling block at Lirc...

When I ran: #  yum install lirc-kmdl-$KVER
I got: No Match for arguement:  lirc-kmdl-2.6.13-1.1526_FC4
So I ran # yum install lirc
And that installed successfully

The problem is that when I continue on to load the lirc module with:
    # depmod -a
    # modprobe lirc_i2c
 I get : FATAL: Module lirc_i2c not found.

I tested the ivtv firmware in Myth and I get a nice quality sound and video but I am stuck at this Lirc problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tyler B.