[mythtv-users] Australian channel scan

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:39:00 UTC 2005

> I'm making some progress with mythtv.  Using the excellent guidance at
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php I have 0.18.1-114 running on FC4.
>
> Hardware:  V-Stream DTV DVB-T, 2.4GHz P4, 1GB ram
>
> I can watch the composite input from a VCR ok, but no digital yet.
>
> I adjusted the permissions on /dev/dvb so the card can be seen and
> identified ok, and the channel scan button is now active in the channel
> editor.
>
> I'm stuck here.  I have no idea how to set up the scan parameters.  I
> suspect 'auto' is sufficient for most.  All I get is 'no lock'.  I've
> tried 571625000 for channel 34 (SBS in my area) and 520000000 (start of
> the UHF band).
>
> What frequency should I use?

I think it depends on where you are and what transmitters you are
near. Have a look at http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalTvHowto
for help. I'm in Sydney in view of the Manly antennae so if that helps
I could tell you my frequencies.

BTW - I use the same cards as you. Would you mind sharing how you got
them to take input from a VCR as that's something I want to do as
well.

Thanks,
Phill