[mythtv-users] Tuner numbers - 1 & 3 (no 2)?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Oct 3 16:27:38 UTC 2005

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>> Check that. It is possible (probable) that there is a capturecard
>> entry for 2 that needs to be removed before the update would work:
>>
>> $ killall mythbackend
>> $ mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql
>> $ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>> mysql> delete from capturecard where cardid=2;
>> mysql> update capturecard set cardid=2 where cardid=3;
>> mysql> delete from cardinput where cardid=2;
>> mysql> update cardinput set cardid=2 where cardid=3;
>> $ mythbackend
>

> But isn't cardid an auto-increment field?  Doesn't this mean that the
> next card that's created will be card 4 rather than 3?

Yes but that wasn't the question. This will change card number 3
to card number 2 in a much less invasive way than truncating the
tables and starting from scratch. If more cards are added or more
experimenting is done, it may make sense to clear the card data
at some point. As I recall, you had something like card number 14
at one time.

--  bjm