[mythtv-users] Hesitation on playback

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05b at crowcastle.net
Mon Oct 3 00:07:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 17:07, Jens wrote:
> I have recently set up a knoppmyth box on an Athlon XP 2000+ based system. On
> playback, I get very frequent slight hesitations as if something in the
> system can't handle the processing requirements of the video stream.
> Recording itself does not seem to be affected.
>
> Has anyone run into this issue and, better yet, figured out which parameter to
> change in their setup in order to prevent this from happening.

Is this video stuttering with smooth audio?  I often get that when
resuming from pause, but skipping backwards usually fixes it.  HD
recordings are much worse.  With HD, I work around the problem by
setting the bookmark, exiting, and restarting playback.

It shouldn't be CPU issue--even with HD, it's hardly stressing it,
thanks to XVMC.

I have an XP 2500+ with an nVidia 5200 card with XVMC enabled, a
PVR-250, and an HD-2000.

I expect we have some bad combination of settings, or everyone would
have been complaining about this for months.  I haven't gotten around to
playing with different settings.

--PC