[mythtv-users] Different Sound Channels?? Can you choose in recording?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:29:33 UTC 2005

I wish I had the terminology to explain this better, but here goes:

Here in Japan, many programs are broadcast in Japanese and English.
Choosing a different sound channel allows you to hear a movie in its
original language. It might be left/right channels, I'm not sure. I
suspect it might be similar to SAP.

At any rate, I am just wondering if there is a way to choose it to
record (or playback) the "other" soundtrack (ie. the non default one.)

Are all the sound channels being recorded? (So i just need to find out
how to choose in playback?)
Or is the sound channel I want something I have to choose at the
recording level?

Once again, my terminology is off, so I hope someone can wade through
what I am asking.

Thanks,
David