[mythtv-users] DVB -> No PS Mode anymore :(

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sun Oct 2 06:36:00 UTC 2005

John-Paul Jones wrote:
> Having the option there to select either TS or PS was great. Are we
> likely to see this choice in the future?
> Or are there any other suggestions that some one can make to get this
> working again for me?

IIRC the GUI control for the setting was removed, but the code is still
there, so you could force it back to use PS with this SQL command:

update capturecard set dvb_recordts = 0;

However, the PS code will most likely be killed after 0.19 is out since
it is broken in many ways, so this will not work forever. If some cards
really need PS for *playback* then the PS transform should probably be
implemented as a specific playback method ā la XvMC or something. There
should be no need to *record* in PS for that.