[mythtv-users] klogd consumes all cpu during recording

Peter Lee peteratcmu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 20:45:08 UTC 2005

Hi.  I run out of svn, with updates about once per week or so, and
have been keeping up with this for the past year or so.  FC2, pvr-250,
combo front/back end system with Athlon 1800+ cpu.

WIth the latest svn (7371, I think), I am now seeing the load average
go over 3.0 during recordings (playback and other functions are fine).
 If I do a "top" I see that klogd and syslogd are consuming a *lot* of
CPU, about 15%-95% for klogd.  Playback is now usually unwatchably
choppy if attempted while the backend is recording.

What is going on here?  Googling around, I see that there were some
issues with klogd back in the 2.4 kernel, but I assume those have been
resolved in FC2.  Following the commits, it doesn't appear that there
would be anything in the changes that would affect pvr-x50 recording
(though I did note that there were some cpu issues, but apparently
resolved).

Any advice or help with diagnosis would be appreciated...

Peter