[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.18.1-5 and mythplugins 0.18.1-2

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Sat Oct 1 09:28:10 UTC 2005

>> I had similar problems the first time I tried to build mythtv:
>> #apt-get build-dep mythtv
>>
>> ..gives unsatisfied dependency for liblame-dev, but this is replaced by
>> liblame0-dev
>>
>> In the end I used equiv to build a dummy package for liblame-dev which I
>> made dependant on liblame0-dev
>>
>> Everything went fine after that.
>>
>> It's strange that apt-get isn't more specific about what's missing on
>> your system.
>>
>> Be sure also that you don't have any broken packages after your apt-get
>> dist-upgrade...
>>
>> you might want to do a new apt-get update and either an "empty" apt-get
>> install, or a new apt-get dist-upgrade to make sure.
>>

>> Other than that, I'm having trouble with mythplugins too (building from
>> svn) so there might just be something broken ;-)
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Marius
>
> Thanks for your hint. As mailed today 7:54 I try:
> aptitude install mythvideo
> I get a dependence to libqt3c102-mt. aptitude install libqt3c102-mt should
> work but would deinstall libmyth-0.18.1, libqt3-mt, libqt3-mt-mysql,
> mythtv, mythtv-backend, mythtv-frontend and mythtv-themes.
>
> It seems mythtv-0.18.5 use the library libqt3-mt and
> mythtv-<module>-0.18.2
> use libqt3c102-mt which is inkompatible to the first.
>
> Therfore I use your hint to build a dummy-package for libqt3c102-mt.
> I create the file "libqt3c102-mt":
> Package: libqt3c102-mt
> Version: 3.3.4-3
>  Provide dummy library libqt3c102-mt
>  because of usage of libqt3-mt of mythtv-0.18.5 and the
>  incompatible usage of libqt3c102-mt of i.e. mythmusic-0.18.2
>
> than I run "equivs-build libqt3c102-mt" which will create
> libqt3c102-mt_3.3.4-3_all.deb.
> But the following dpkg -i libqt3c102-mt_3.3.4-3_all.deb would not work!
> dpkg: Betrachte libqt3c102-mt_3.3.4-3_all.deb, welches libqt3c102-mt
> enthält:
>  libqt3-mt kollidiert mit libqt3c102-mt
>   libqt3c102-mt (Version 3.3.4-3) soll installiert werden.
> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von libqt3c102-mt_3.3.4-3_all.deb
> (--install):
>  kollidierende Pakete - installiere libqt3c102-mt nicht
> Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
>  libqt3c102-mt_3.3.4-3_all.deb
>
> The messages are originally in german. They say that there is a conflict
> between libqt3-mt and libqt3c102-mt. Therefor libqt3c102-mt will not been
> installed.
>
> Yes, I know about this conflict. It is the reason that I try to install
> this
> dummy-package :-(
> Anyone can help me? It is the first time I use equivs.

You should be careful how you use equivs, rad the documentation!

It's not intended to bypass genuine package incompatiblilities, You should
only use it where a package has changed name...
apt-get will say something like package foo cannot be found, but this has
been replaced by package bar (can't remember the exact wording).

If you use it to bypass incompatibilities you will really screw up your
system.

looking at my libqt3 packages, I have the following installed:

# dpkg -l 'libqt*' | grep '^i' | more
ii  libqt3                 3.3.4-7        Qt GUI Library, Version 3
ii  libqt3-compat-headers  3.3.5-1        Qt 1.x and 2.x compatibility
includes
ii  libqt3-headers         3.3.5-1        Qt3 header files
ii  libqt3-mt              3.3.5-1        Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime
version), V
ii  libqt3-mt-dev          3.3.5-1        Qt development files (Threaded)
ii  libqt3-mt-mysql        3.3.5-1        MySQL database driver for Qt3
(Threaded)

You might want to CAREFULLY uninstall what you have and start again,
installing only the qt3 packages you actually need on your system.

Also, be aware that the qt3 paths and libraries registration is often
broken , so you may need to patch up your /etc/profile and
/etc/ld.so.conf, then do :
#source /etc/profile
#ldconfig

Good luck!