[mythtv-users] [OT] Remote Help

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Sat Oct 1 08:27:48 UTC 2005

> Did /dev/lirc exist before you started irw ? Did you set the access rights
> on the lirc* devices ?
>
> Niels Dybdahl

This sounds very much like the problem I had with my usb receiver.

What are you getting in /var/log/messages when you start lircd?

I had to symlink my /dev/lirc node to /dev/usb/hiddev0 (your usb device
may well be different).

If the driver needs a module has this been built and installed, and does
it load?

Are you running udev? This should take care of your /dev node mappings for
you. Unfortunately I can't on my system.

Cheers
Marius