[mythtv-users] [OT] Remote Help

Steve stgarf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 05:39:09 UTC 2005

A friend of mine gave me an "ATI Remote Wonder" remote and usb receiver.
>From my understanding it is a RF setup here, not an IR setup.
I am running gentoo, so someone told me I needed to emerge lirc when I have
LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=atiusb" in my make.conf. So I did "# emerge unmerge
lirc" and then I did "emerge --newuse lirc". The problem I have is I start
lircd by doing "# lircd -n" It says whatever it says... then I log in to
another terminal as a normal user and do "$ irw". This just brings me back
to "$ " and causes the "# lircd -n" that I ran to crash whilst complaining
about not finding /dev/lirc.
 Any help is greatly appreciated.