[mythtv-users] Please help, S-Video out on PVR-150

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Sat Oct 1 02:50:04 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have a PVR-150MCE card, and I've setup mythtv, which is working ok.
However I've only used it connected to a regular monitor.

Now I've connected the S-Video out on the card to the TV, and when I bring
up the X server, the screen goes black. I'm running under Fedora 4.
Everything works in text mode, but as soon as X comes up, I get nothing on
the video.

Below is what I have in xorg.conf. Has anyone had success running X with a
PVR-150 S-Video ?

Thanks
Ricardo

Section "Monitor"
    #HorizSync 31.5 - 37.9
    #VertRefresh 50.0 - 70.0
    #for best TV-OUT
    HorizSync 30 - 50
    VertRefresh 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    #Driver "nv"
    Driver "nvidia"
    VendorName "Chaintec"
    BoardName "SH5200-128-DVI NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200"
    Option "NoLogo" "on"

    #possibly needed for XvMC
    #Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"

    #might cause troubles with XvMC
    #Option "RenderAccell" "1"

    #NTSC svideo out; probably not need (auto-sensed)
    Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
EndSection