[mythtv-users] Uncool surprise... coming back from vacation, shows not recorded.

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:12:47 EST 2005

Just came back from vacation and I found out that all my recording failed...

Few problems that would be nice to be resolved :
1 - Don't record or mark the recording as bad when you can't open the
capture device (dvb here...)
2 - I'm pretty the episode will not record again and will be marked as
duplicate the next time they appear in the schedule.
3 - The web interface tries to open the file on disk multiple times to
make the thumbnail (slow process), is there a need for that?
4 - DVB signal info in the backend status page, is this a non-working feature?
5 - Could an e-mail be sent when something isn't right about the
capture card, a good example would be "2005-11-24 14:49:49.398 DVB#1
ERROR - Opening DVB frontend device failed. (2) No such file or
directory"

What happened here was my fault really...  I updated with yum before
leaving and I a new kernel installed, disabling my 2 DVB cards.

It worked so great for 1+ years now, sucks when this happens...

Thanks for listening.

Steve M.