[mythtv-users] Dish Network and MythTV

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Wed Nov 30 18:55:53 EST 2005

Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Jeff Simpson wrote:
>

>> It's not what you're looking to hear, but every other satellite and
>> cable provider
>> has better methods for interfacing with myth and/or tivo. I had no
>> problems at
>> all interfacing with serial to DirecTV and Comcast boxes.
>

> But DirecTV doesn't offer TV Japan and the quality of Comcast Digital
> cable (last time I used it) was terrible so that's why I need and want
> Dish Network.

      How big is your TV?  I ask because some channels, like BBC
America, have pretty bad compression going on.  The bigger the TV screen
the more apparent it is.

      For me, the PQ for locals is bad.  It's quite apparent if you
watch The Simpsons OTA vs. Dish.  The colors are all washed out.  For my
parents, in the Bay Area, PQ is much better.

      I'm with Dish because to get the channels I want would cost me at
least an extra $20/mo. over Comcast.

      If you want foreign language channels, your best bet is Dish
Network.  They have the best lineup.

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin