[mythtv-users] Re: Via vt-310dp and c146

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 30 18:31:47 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:45:17 -0500, Andrew Plumb wrote:

Hi Geoff,

Unfortunately, in the case of the C146 that riser card won't work; the
riser
card it comes with is actually two board connected by a couple of ribbon
cables.  That's probably how they get it to fit in this particular 1U
case;
it's not the one in the picture:

http://www.travla.com/FAQ/faq-DualRiserCard.html

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
Andrew

Yes.... 1U doesn't give a lot of height. You might want to guess whether
the flexible extension might help.

Otherwise, you need about a 2U... pity that. I looked at the Travla 1U
cases before I bought the Silverstone. I liked the look of the
Silverstone.. Never thought much about how the cards would fit into the
Travla.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638