[mythtv-users] dual (bilingual) sound

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 30 16:08:53 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:48:13 -0500, Dewey Smolka wrote:

>> Well, this lang1/2 feature is hardwired in every TV set sold on
>> (Czech/Slovak -
>Anyway, my belated point is that I'm not sure there is any way to make
>this sticky in Myth. You're probably better off recording both audio
>channels and setting them manually on playback. Besides, you don't
>need duo for the hockey.
>
>Maj sa pekne,
>
>a dej si to skvele ceske pivo pro mne.

Yes, generally for hockey you want the TV sound muted since we cannot gag
the announcers...

<Digression>
CBC television got one of its all-time highest viewships for a Canadian
football league game, while its unions were on strike, and there were no
announcers "giving the play by play of the game"........
Sometimes silence is golden.
</Digression>

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638