[mythtv-users] Dish Network and MythTV

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:19:54 EST 2005

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 12:21, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> I am thinking about switching from cable to satellite and I have a few
> questions.  For specific reasons, I am interested in Dish Network only.
> Is there a tuner card that will allow me to use MythTV with Dish Network
> (preferred) or do I have to use the infrared port?  If the latter, is
> there a more reliable serial port?

they do make Dish compatible tuner cards. If your plan is to do illegal things
with Dish then don't worry about getting the card reader. If you plan on
using an actual Dish subscription get one with a card reader, but I don't
know if there is support for this in linux, you'd have to look around.

As well, you won't get any HD channels with the PC tuner cards and when they
do the switch to MPEG4 you won't be able to tune those channels either.

--
Steve