[mythtv-users] problem with partitions..

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:31:16 EST 2005

> My computer does not start for some reason.. i know that my partition hda2
> is full and this might be one of the reasons...I also think that there might
> be some other problems related wittrying to redirect mythtv recordings to a
> new hard drive that it was installed....i am no sure if it was properly
> mounted( did not change anything in fstab)
>  How can I find out what is wrong to be able to fix it.... can i use the
> fedora rescue mode??

I'm not a fedora user, but yes, rescue mode off the cd should give you
access to the disks you need - assuming your issues isn't something
like 2 master HD's on one IDE channel.  Once you are in rescue mode,
you should be able to mount /dev/hda2 to something like /mnt/root (you
might have to mkdir /mnt/root first).   Once mounted, edit
/mnt/root/etc/fstab to as needed with your editor of choice.

Make sure that hda isn't hdb (or c or d) after adding the other disk
and that your bios is trying to boot off the correct HD.  HTH.

-- Travis