[mythtv-users] Cant get rid of the blue border lines (NVidia GForce 5200FX Card)

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:41:54 EST 2005

Using xvattr doesn't really get rid of the line, it just gets rid of the
blue by changing its color to blend in better with your TV border.  The way
I got rid of the line altogether was adjusting my TVOverScan setting in
xorg.conf so the video fit my TV better.

You can do this by adding "Option" "TVOverScan" "0.61" to your Device
section.  The values TVOverScan can take are between 0 and 1.  For my 27" TV
and 800x600 resolution that 0.61 worked best.  If you go too high, your
video will span past the edge of your TV and crop your image.  Each TV and
video card is different, so my setting of 0.61 won't necessarily look best
on your setup.  I had to play with the TVOverScan a lot before I found the
right value.  Unfortunately, you have to restart X everytime you change
TVOverScan.

My device section in xorg.conf looks like:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200"
        Option      "NoLogo" "True"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "0.61"
        Option  "RenderAccel" "true"
        Option "Overlay" "True"
EndSection

Good luck.

On 11/30/05, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:

> Shardayyy schreef:
>
> > Any suggestions would be helpful.
> >
> > Can't seem to get rid of what I have seen online as the "The blue line
> > problem", the blue border is on top and on the left side of the screen.
> >
> > I have also added this to my /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh
> > file as suggested. (xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 66048)
> >

> "xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0" I have here ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jos Hoekstra

Jonathan Tidmore