[mythtv-users] dual (bilingual) sound

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Wed Nov 30 10:38:04 EST 2005

Dewey Smolka píše v St 30. 11. 2005 v 09:48 -0500:
> > works correctly so I assume that one of the stereo channels is set as
> > default language channel when the bilingual transmission is detected.
> > Now it's up to me to look into xawtv source code to find out which
> > channel it is - either left or right, there is no more possibilities.
>
> When I lived in Slovakia, there were duo TVs and non-duo TVs.

I doubt anyone serious would sell TV on the market that wouldn't know
the bilingual stuff. People would return such sets back to shop.

> TV I had (for a short time) was not sticky -- you'd still have to set
> the language manually when changing channels.

No that's certainly not possible. Imagine the bilingual movies are
interleaved with blocks of ads in stereo. And the TV detects it and
switches automatically from lang1 to stereo and then back to lang1 (not
sure if it preserves the chosen lang but it should) when the ads end.

>  IIRC, default sound was stereo if there was a stereo stream and Lang1 if there was a duo
> stream.

This is exactly what I said. The only missing thing is to find out what
channel is the lang1 transmitted in (yes, I am still at work so still no
useful information, just vague replies :-).

> Maj sa pekne,
> a dej si to skvele ceske pivo pro mne.

Will do :-)

Petr