AW: [mythtv-users] mythweb-svn problem

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Wed Nov 30 05:21:51 EST 2005

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]Im Auftrag von Andrew Wilson
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. November 2005 19:12
An: Discussion about mythtv
Betreff: Re: [mythtv-users] mythweb-svn problem

I had trouble getting mythweb going last night as well. Chris, maybe
you should include some hints in the README about how to enable
mod_env and mod_rewrite for apache virgins.

In my case, it was as simple as doing:

ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load

and adding to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

<Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

....................... It took me a long time (~ 1 hour) to actually get this
information out of google; the problem being the difference in
configuration between old apache (1.3) and apache 2. I spent ages
trying to get mod_env going when (I think) it's actually built into
apache2.....

Andrew

Hi !

Thanks for the hints.
I've already checked the prerequisites listed in the README.
Everything seems to be as required.
The apache conf says that it's loading mod_rewrite and mod_env, AllowOverride is set and I've double checked the settings in mythweb
config file (servername,user,password).
No luck so far, still get the page with "Database Error".
BTW I'm using gentoo 2.6.12, apache 2.0.54
Any other ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fritz