[mythtv-users] HELP: No TV after hw install of HD3000 (w/ PVR250 and FC4)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 19:46:34 EST 2005

R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

>Brad,
>
>This site was mentioned by blastzone in a recent message to the list.
>
>www.blastzone.net/~kamikazi/hardware/mythtv
>

>Note that he is using the HD3000 card, at first, under NTSC... loading it
>*first* at /dev/video0.
>Right at the bottom he is doing the QAM scans, outside Myth.

Once I switched to DVB, the card was detected right away.

Because when booting up, the init process creates a video0 device for
cx88xx (for some reason, I can't figure out why), my PVR-250 is video1.

I also don't know why some people say that cx88-dvb should be loaded first and some after
ivtv.

>Follolwing David Elllis, who has this working here in Toronto, I think you
>have to use the kernel tveeprom (note he uses the aliased tveeprom-ivtv)
>and load cvx88-dvb and cx88-atsc *after* ivtv.
>
>Then its a matter of getting the video, audio and service id's into the
>database.. which David has figured out.
>Difficulty it getting the vid/aid and pid numbers if you are doing this on
>cable.

I did the channel scan and the xmltvid record was filled in for all
channels.
After reset up the HD3000 to a DVB card, and scanned the channels, I
tried to view TV but it just timed out.
I tried to record a minute on HD3000 and nothing. I tried on the PVR-250
and it's still working.
But, no livetv. I assume that I don't get live tv because it's using the
HD3000 card to tune livetv.  I don't know why this is.

>Note that blastzone was doing it on cable, so maybe the dvb tools package
>is all I need.... if I can get it to compile!

Good luck! Sheesshh.. This is more difficult than it should be.
I'm using OTA... but I don't see it as easier!