[mythtv-users] Problems installing MythTV on Ubuntu

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Nov 29 18:27:40 EST 2005

Hey, there!

	Trying to install mythtv on Ubuntu using the guide at Abarbaccia. I do a

sudo apt-get install mythtv

what happens is the log-in screen comes up and asks for the password. I
put in the password, and then I get this error message:

Starting MythTV server: mythbackendQSettings: error creating
/home/blake/.qt
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authenti cation protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed

	I got two problems (well, I got one problem, which is ignorance, but it
manifests in two ways):

1. I don't know what the problem is, though it looks to be a rights issue
of some sort.

2. If I repeat the "sudo apt-get install mythtv", I get a "everything's
updated" message, so I can't get back to that initial login screen to
retry. (But I don't know if I need to.)