[mythtv-users] mythweb-svn problem

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:12:28 EST 2005

I had trouble getting mythweb going last night as well. Chris, maybe
you should include some hints in the README about how to enable
mod_env and mod_rewrite for apache virgins.

In my case, it was as simple as doing:

ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load

and adding to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

<Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

..... It took me a long time (~ 1 hour) to actually get this
information out of google; the problem being the difference in
configuration between old apache (1.3) and apache 2. I spent ages
trying to get mod_env going when (I think) it's actually built into
apache2.....

Andrew