[mythtv-users] Gigabyte video card

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 23:53:22 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:

> card should work fine. Looks similar to NVIDIA's reference design.
> 1080i over DVI to an HDTV is hit or miss though.

Hit or miss due to weird mismatch between card and HDTV, or do you just
mean that some HDTVs don't support 1080i into DVI/HMDI but only into
component video?

I'm about to buy a Sony KDS-R60XBR1.  The spec sheet says it supports
1080i on component and on HDMI.  Is there any reason to think that an
nVIDIA 6200 PCI-E card over a DVI-to-HDMI cable won't produce excellent
results?  I'm talking about way too much money for anything short of
excellent.

Thanks,
Len