[mythtv-users] AC3 audio in DVB-T sourced recording?

Ben Rigby benrigby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:40:40 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Yep , it is... :-)   but only 2 channel.   Wonder if it's ever 5.1 ?

Some Australian stations do 2 channel AC3 on their SD broadcasts. Some
only do MPEG. I think they all do AC3 on their HD streams, normally
also 2 channel. Occasionally though, we're lucky enough to get movies
that are 5.1 on the HD streams. The quality of HD, and whether or not
you get the good sound seems to vary not only from program to program,
and channel to channel, but also from area to area, as some
cities/regions have better equipment (and more of a clue) than others.

Ben