[mythtv-users] Auto login as user and start Myth.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 28 18:20:43 EST 2005

In KDE Control Center -> Login Manager -> Convenience
Click the auto-login box. The other settings you need are obvious there.

Then, make sure you have it set to start your session from saved
session, launch Myth (back end if needed and front end definitely).
Then save your session. Now when you boot, it will auto login and
restore to your saved session (which means launching Myth).

I play it safe and set my auto-login to happen after 20 seconds so if
I need to over-ride and log in as another user or root or something,
I can catch it in time.