[mythtv-users] adding cards to an existing system

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:17:52 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, Lee <mythtv at varga.co.uk> wrote:

> >** install the cards one at a time **
> >
> >i) get the cards working properly outside of MythTV
> >iii) once working, enter mythtvsetup and add the new card
> >iii) configure the new video source if you need to, and connect to new
> >card's input(s)
> >iv) configure listings for the new video source
> >v) configure channel/card priorities for the new card
> >
> >Back up your database before starting anything, and take Mercury's
> >advice and check the archives for any issues relevant to your
> >particular cards.
> >
> Or you can do what I did...
> Power down the box, install the new card, power up the box.
> The box goes straight into myth-setup, add the card, assign the channel
> list.
> Start up Myth and presto everything worked great :)

No kidding, Lee!!!  You plugged in a PVR250, powered on the machine, and it
worked?   Wow!

I may be just a bit skeptical, so taking a page from the US Patent Office
when they receive an application for a perpetual-motion machine, may I ask
you for some supporting documentation on how you did it?

Oh.  The Patent Office usually responds to perpetual-motion machine
applications with the a big red-ink stamp: "PLEASE SUBMIT WORKING MODEL".

--
MM