[mythtv-users] Re: enabling firewire [a bit of topic]

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:05:12 EST 2005

Tell them the FCC mandates all HDTV capable cable boxes must have working
Firewire output as of April of 2004.
http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/fcc-requires-firewire-on-all-cable-boxes-015708.php

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-225A1.pdf

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238850A1.pdf

and he'll call up the FCC Enforcement Bureau
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/

Steve