[mythtv-users] pvr 350 not able to record TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 28 11:08:33 EST 2005

sarvinc at fastmail.fm wrote:

>I'm afraid that this is a bit over my head. I've searched for the modules;
>tuner, saa7115, saa7127, msp3400, and tda9887 there are .ko versions of each.
>I tried running "depmod -ae" but that didn't seem to help. Does that mean
>that they are installed?
>
>As for plan "b)" I wouldn't even know how to edit or even what to look for in
>modules.dep or /etc/modprobe.conf
>
>It pains me to ask for more help, and I appreciate all the help already given.

install eeprom modprobe ivtv && modprobe --ignore-install eeprom

Should do it, but you would probably be better served to figure out why
the eeprom module is loading before the ivtv module.  For example, you
may have init scripts loading the modules in the wrong order, or it may
simply be because you have something like a BTTV card that's in a PCI
slot that's closer to 0 (i.e. closer to the processor) than the ivtv
card's PCI slot.

Make sure you run "depmod -ae" after modifying modprobe.conf.  Note,
also, that depending on how your distro has obfuscated modprobe.conf,
you may need to put this info in a different file (i.e.
/etc/modules.d/eeprom.modprobe or something).  Check the lists for your
distro for more details or just use trial and error to get something
working...

Mike