[mythtv-users] DVB EPG in MythTV?

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:10:20 EST 2005

On 27/11/05, Rudy Zijlstra <mythtv at edsons.demon.nl> wrote:
> There is EIT next/now (which you have been describing above) and EIT
> schedule.
> EIT schedule can cover as many days ahead as the operator wants to / has
> data available / has bandwidth available.
>
> Typically, the dutch xml grabber can get 3 day ahead (limit of the
> website where it is taken from), and Astra satellites typically have
> between 3 and 5 days available in the stream.

Well, I seem to get up to 7 days (trusting the frontend system status).

> >Again, this information doesn't come from the MythTV
> >implementation (I've implemented this in the past, and
> >it's quite painful), but comes from my knowledge in
> >the area.  YMMV, depending on what kind of hardware
> >you have, and how much program data you want (I'm
> >quite happy with DataDirect, and having about 10 days
> >worth of listings).
> >

> Which is only available to those living in the US (which many of us are
> not).
> Myth takes the program info from the tuned stream, irrespective whether
> you are watching that stream or not.

so, in order to get all EPG data for all available streams or is it
multiplex some kind of wrapper script is needed that would szap from
channel to channel, each time retrieving guide data.  Of course, this
script could not be run when the card is in use (unless one has more
than one card).

--
cheers,
Jakob.