[mythtv-users] FYI: IDE Flash modules..

Robert Denier rdenier at finiteinfinity.org
Mon Nov 28 03:54:27 EST 2005

I thought it worth noting/reminding people of these since these can save some
aggravation with embedded system designs.  The following link shows a 32MB
ide flash module.

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
32MB $18.80  (Note:  I've not purchased from this site, although I have used
the 256MB  version of these modules without any problems.)

For those that want to boot from the network, but have hardware that doesn't
really work well with network booting, for whatever reason, this seems like
the way to go.

Basically you put /boot on the flash module including grub and your kernel and
then have it use nfs for the root file system.  I may buy one for one system
just so it no longer needs a hard drive.