[mythtv-users] Running Mythtv-setup without X

Ray Lischner linux at tempest-sw.com
Sun Nov 27 22:18:57 EST 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 11:39 am, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Being a 'backend' means having capture cards.

My master backend has no capture cards. All the capture cards are in a
slave backend. I prefer this organization because I've been having
problems with my HD-3000 cards, and I've been experimenting with moving
them around to different systems with different mainboards, separating
them so one slave gets one card, etc. All the time, my master backend
keeps running, which lets my wife and kids continue to watch shows,
check or alter the schedule, and so on.

Even though my capture card situation has now stabilized, I kept the
separation of card-less master and card-ful slave backends just in case
I feel a future need to tinker.
--
Ray Lischner