[mythtv-users] Seeking help with XBox+Myth+XMBC

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:32:33 EST 2005


On Sunday 27 November 2005 20:09, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > this is the issue with using XBMC to watch recordings, in that the
> > recordsing uses the channeldatetime format for filenames, if you load
> > your TV directory in XBMC you won't know what the recording is.
>
> Sorry - I understand what you were saying now. You're just using XBMC
> and file shares which is why you have to deal with a tricky file name.
> The reason I don't have this issue is because I'm using xbmcmythtv
> (find it on sourceforge) which provides a limited functionality
> frontend to the recordings. This means I get a list of recordings with
> thumbnail images, program dates, descriptions etc etc and I just pick
> which one I want. This is a set of python scripts which live in the
> XBMC script directory. I should probably have mentioned that earlier -
> sorry about that! Anyway, you might want to give it a try as it's a
> breeze to install and it really makes the whole Xbox frontend to
> MythTV alot more user (and WAF!) friendly.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I tried using it but couldn't get it to connect properly even though I have no 
problems using my laptop so I figured something must be different since I'm 
running SVN. What version of Myth are you running?

-- 
Steve


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list