[mythtv-users] static when mp3 encoding convertx audio

Brian Edmonds brian at gweep.ca
Sun Nov 27 17:43:21 EST 2005

If I use a recording profile on my ConvertX that encodes the audio to
MP3 then all I get is loud static (it occasionally sounds a bit like
the audio should, but it's generally unintelligible).  If I set it to
record raw audio at any of the three bitrates, the sound is fine.
This is with mythtv 0.81 on a Mac Mini running Debian Testing.  I
rebuilt libmp3lame 3.96.1 from source to make sure it was as clean as
possible, but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Brian.